Thursday, March 17, 2016

Project 7: Surrealism and Photo Monatge

In this project, we had to create our own surrealism photo using the photo collage and photomontage tools on Photoshop. Because surrealism seeks to "merge the differences between dreams and reality, and often created strange scenarios and creatures using everyday objects and fantastical paintings", we had a lot of leeway and creative choice as to what we could create for this project. These are mt surrealistic photographs:

Flower Rooster
This photo was originally of a rooster, but I decided to cut out its tail, claws, and the comb on its head and replace them with pictures of unique tropical flowers I took because I thought it would be an interesting comparison. I then used the brush and bending tool to blend the flowers with the roosters body so it doesn't look so stark. The background is of a photo of sand really close up, making the roster seem smaller than it actually is. 
Journey into the Unknown
This photo was originally of a cave in the middle of the ocean, but I thought it was a fantastic doorway or opening for something more. I then found a dock with people on it and I layered it to look like they were going into the cave. I then added an image of the forest to juxtapose the cave with the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment